PHP Software Engineer Vacancy
Join Team TribePad!
If you are an experienced PHP Software Developer, fit the following spec & would like to work for Sheffield’s most exciting tech start-up, please get in touch!
Purpose of job:
The software engineer is responsible for developing and supporting the TribePad core platform and the value-added “Apps” that sit around the core software.
- To contribute to the design and build of web application components.
- To contribute to reusable libraries.
- To liaise with the Senior Developers and CTO to ensure that implementations approaches are agreed before starting the build process.
- To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards outlined in the development best practices
- To keep abreast of new developments in appropriate technologies, sharing information, ideas and best practice with the technical team…. and more!
A successful performer in this role:
- Proven industry experience using PHP.
- Understanding of Design Patterns.
- Excellent understanding of web security and developing secure web applications
- An appreciation and understanding of MVC frameworks, preferably Laravel
- A good understanding of W3C standards.
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
- A good appreciation and experience of Version Control systems, such as GIT or SVN
- A good understanding of Agile project management approaches, ideally Kanban
- Is able to learn through videos and training manuals.
- Is able to learn quickly.
- Has a positive outlook.
- Examines problems from multiple perspectives.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Uses past experiences, insights and own creativity to evaluate alternatives and come up with new ideas for our products.
- Describes the rationale and thinking behind their chosen decision or course of action
- Adapts their personal style in response to the logical and emotional wants and needs of others
- Summarises regularly during conversations to test understanding
- Facilitates dialogue between other colleagues when working in a team
- Looks for a range of learning opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge
- Applies basic models of persuasion; uses features, benefits and evidence to influence others
- Makes timely decisions based on sufficient analysis of alternatives.
- Takes rapid corrective action when results fall behind expectations
If you have the experience above plus the drive to work in an established start-up environment, please apply today in confidence – send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies, thanks!